You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Spamgoessplat

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 1:15pm

765 leaking when using compressor for winterization

Hi,

I have read the thread that is titled 765 leaking when using compressor for Winterization. I am not sure I follow. I want to learn to do this myself instead of hiring someone to do it for the next 20 years. I have air leaking out of the top. I have been keeping my PSI at around 50. I am using a 12 gallon compressor. I did 3 zones no problem and then on zone 4 i ran into an issue, leaking air.
There are two valves to on the FEBCO PVB 765. There is a lower and an upper. I used the lower to blow out the first few zones of sprinklers. How do I get the PVB to seal so air does not escape again. Does opening top ball joint break the seal, should this be done after the sprinkler zones are blown out? If the air does not seal the valve again would using water pressure by turning on the sprinklers again? The image adding feature is not great on this forum so I cannot give a visual picture of the PVB.

Rate this thread