You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 9:15am

dripline on same zone as rest of lawn

new system installed. The dripline was installed on the same zone as part of the front lawn. I'm sure the contractor installed whatever type of adapter type fittings. My question is - is that really best practice to install it on the same zone? So when my front lawn is being watered for 15 minutes at whatever gph, that mean the drip line is only getting water for 15 minutes at.4gph?

I'm told the dripline wouldn't have enough "draw" to be on a zone by itself.

irrigation well
20 gph
4 zones, all lawn. Dripline is only part where there's a garden bed.
Hunter Pro C

Someone suggested taking the drip zone off the system and just wiring that to my garden hose, since it will use so little water. And it would also water automatically.

Should I do that, or add shrub type sprayers to the beds, or what? I just don't think the drip should be on the same zone. Any ideas?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 11:06am

Drip running with sprinkler heads is usually a mismatch, but how much of a mismatch depends on what heads and what drip. Until you run the numbers, you don't know for sure.

Rate this thread