You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mulu

Starting Member

Friday, September 22nd 2017, 1:26am

Spigot as Water Source

I am going to redo our backyard with grass. The area is pretty small. Maybe 500 sqft. The problem I have is getting water to the backyard. The main water supply is in the front of the house and I can't really run pipes to the back (concrete, tiles, etc). I can think of two options:

* In the backyard I have a thin (maybe 0.5") pipe coming out from the house for the outside kitchen sink. I might by able to tap into that. However, I have to route that through a 4" pipe underneath 20' of tiles. There is a sharp 90 degree angle so I might have to use a hose to make the connection from that pipe to the grass area.

* There is a spigot in the font of the house. Again there is a 4" pipe that leads all the way to the back. In this case I don't have to do sharp angles so I could probably use PVC pipes from the spigot to the backyard.

What's my best approach to provide water to my backyard?