You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tbplayer

Friday, September 15th 2017, 12:36pm

Union on supply side?

Can I use a union like this:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Homewerks-Worldwide-1-in-dia-PVC-Sch-40-Union/50160559

...on the supply side of a manifold? I was thinking it would be nice to have the ability to remove it, to work on the valves if ever needed.

mrfixit

Friday, September 15th 2017, 12:55pm

I don't see why not. So one union before the manifold and one union after each valve.
I'm not a huge fan of unions but I live where we have really high water pressure. I measured 160 recently at a residence.
Sometimes unions leak if not installed just so. But over all they're very reliable.
Go for it.

tbplayer

Saturday, September 16th 2017, 2:25pm

Well, here it is. Just hope there are no leaks when I turn the water on::

My first try at this PVC stuff.

mrfixit

Saturday, September 16th 2017, 5:12pm

I must have misunderstood something.
So what are you planning on doing with that union?
I don't see where it does anything where it's situated.

tbplayer

Saturday, September 16th 2017, 5:54pm

Yeah, not much point, except if I ever have to cut one of those manifolds out, it is one less thing, and I can add more if/when I ever put it back.

So that one was easy to put, because there was plenty of room on either side. So I put it.

mrfixit

Saturday, September 16th 2017, 8:37pm

Well it looks good for you first attempt. =)

Rate this thread