You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tbplayer

Saturday, August 19th 2017, 1:12pm

Repairing a break at the valve

Well, I found the problem:

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this but...

Next step is deciding to hire someone to fix it, or attempt DIY.

So, what would I expect to pay for a repair.

If I were to do it myself, what is the recommended approach?

I'm guessing a sawzall to cut halfway up the supply side, to remove it. See if I can get the threaded part removed from the otherside and replace with a stub, clean up and splice it back in?

Thanks.

mrfixit

Saturday, August 19th 2017, 2:43pm

Yep, it's a pretty simple job. If you're using a sawsall just be careful of sawdust particles. You want to clean all that up before gluing. The plastic doesn't dissolve and can cause problems.

I would call around for prices. You'll know if they're too high or not. Where I live you'll get quotes between 120 and 300, sometimes more. That includes a new valve. It's a really easy job. The guy who charges 300 actually does the worst quality work and he wont come back if he's made a mistake. I don't know how he stays in business but he's been around 30 years. The BBB has him at an A+ rating. A plumber here charged this lady 800 bucks to dig up a pvc pipe and cap it off. She had to call someone else to fix it. Was only 6 inches deep. My friend was the guy she called and I wouldn't have believed her but she showed him the receipt.

Anywho, I've given you more info than you wanted. Good luck!

Rate this thread