You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BulldogGK

Starting Member

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 11:04am

Is there a minimum number of heads per zone?

Hey everyone. First timer, but this looks like the place to be.

I have a system with mostly Hunter PGP rotary heads. I'm about to have the patio expanded, and there were three heads around the existing patio that had to come out (I'm not relocating them).

There are only two heads left on that zone, and when I tested everything after the cutoff job, the funny pipe on one of the heads leaked around the barb--a result of the increased pressure, I guess. I ended up putting a hose clamp on it, and that seems to have fixed it.

I think I have a similar problem on the other head in that zone because the ground is always super soaked after it runs, but only in the area above where the poly/funny pipe is. I guess I'll dig it up and add a hose clamp there, too.

My question is, is there a minimum number of heads that you HAVE TO HAVE on a zone? Like, is two not enough, and I'm just setting myself up for a future catastrophic failure?

Thanks,
Gabe

BackflowInspector

Supreme Member

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 5:33pm

The Simple answer is no.

Not a big deal here.

Good Luck
:thumbup: :thumbsup:
LI0006121, BPAT0011021, CI0009500

Rate this thread