You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

donl1150

Tuesday, July 4th 2017, 5:35pm

Need rain sensor for Toro battery operated controller

Just finishing installation of my system. Since I don't have power outside near where I wanted my controller, I chose the Toro DDC WP series controller which is battery operated.

Now I am in need of a rain sensor. I want a wireless one but it seems you need 24 vac power to the receiver portion on the ones I have seen. The transmitter portion is battery operated. Are there sensors that are battery operated both transmitter & receiver?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 4th 2017, 6:09pm

Go with a wired sensor, or be prepared to spend $$$ to come up with a jury rig to power a 24VAC receiver.

donl1150

Tuesday, July 4th 2017, 8:15pm

but don't the wired ones also require 24 VAC? I am wondering if there is a battery powered sensor to go along with the battery powered controller. I have an inquiry into Toro so hopefully they may be able to steer me in the right direction.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 4th 2017, 9:17pm

the simplest wired rain sensors are mechanical switches that require no power input whatsoever

Rate this thread