You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

gastan

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 28th 2017, 4:24pm

Rainbird spray distance

Am using Rainbird 1200 series dual spray - - if it matters. Seems like there is only one method of adjusting spray distance for all of their consumer heads. There is a small screw on the top of the nozzle. Instruction says (and I quote) "Turn the screw clockwise to reduce spray distance up to 25%." That's it. ????? My question is - - - is the entire nozzle supposed to turn or just the screw? On my heads, the screw will not turn independently of the nozzle. Turning the screw turns the nozzle and if you back it off too much the nozzle just unscrews and comes off. I have backed off the screw (the nozzle) 1/2 turn, 1 full turn, and 1 1/2 turns and see no difference in spray distance. At 2 turns backing off, the nozzle head just pops off when I turn the water on.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 5th 2017, 10:55am

Your spray nozzles are not properly tightened on the heads. Use two hands and get them tighter. Much tighter. It doesn't matter if this tightening has the pattern out of alignment. When the nozzle is fully tightened, then you can rotate the pop-up stem to bring the spray pattern back into proper alignment.

Note - in rare instances, the nozzle adjusting screws will seem to be stuck so tight that the screw might break at the slot if you try too hard to force it to turn - you can remove the nozzle and free up the screw by way of the Phillips-head inner end

gastan

Unregistered

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 11:40am

Thanks for the reply, Boots.

My take-away from your answer is that the small, slotted adjusting screw on the nozzle should rotate independently from the nozzle body. I wondered what that phillips head screw on the underside of the nozzle was for. I will check that all the adjusting screws move freely and tighten the nozzles on the stem as you advise. Thanks.

Rate this thread