You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dj444

Starting Member

Monday, June 26th 2017, 12:05am

Irritrol 2500TF leaking from the top

My valve wasn't working - not watering the zone. I opened it up and cleaned everything. Now it is working, but it also started leaking from the top (under the flow knob) even when the zone is off. Can this be fixed by new diaphragm? or is the the upper body needs to be replaced? I did notice roots around the valve, so it must have been leaking a bit earlier too.

Thanks!

mrfixit

Monday, June 26th 2017, 3:29am

Try turning the flow control know a few times and see if it seals. If you open it up all the way it'll probably stop. I don't recommend leaving a flow control all the way open because the valve might stick on someday.

If not you can take it apart and put teflon tape on the threads of the flow control stem.

If that doesn't work then yes you can just change the top.