You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RicardoSwe

Starting Member

Friday, June 16th 2017, 5:11pm

Dry areas in "corners" w Hunter Rotator heads

Newbie here ---
I have a small front yard (~ 40 x 30 ft) with curved bender board border. It's roughly rectangular, but the "corners" are curved. Two of the smaller "corner" border curves have a radius of about 3 feet. There are spray heads on the border in the "center" of each of these curves. In the main lawn area I use Hunter rotator MP1000 360 heads. These cover fine. But in the smaller "corners" where I am using Hunter MP800 90-270 heads, there are dry spots about 1 foot+ beyond the head. Each area in the lawn has coverage from at least three heads (hard to describe; suffice it to say that coverage is fine I believe). Water pressure is regulated at 40 psi. All together I think the solution is in changing the heads.

I've tried to adjust the MP800 heads to get more water on the dry areas, but nothing is working. Living in Northern California, we're heading into the long hot summer period so I'd like to get this fixed.

Will changing the MP800 heads (~25 gpm qt 180 degrees) to MP2000 (~44 gpm) or MP3000 (~109 gpm) help?
[Note that MP1000 also is rated at ~25 gpm]

Other ideas?

Thanks ---

Rate this thread