You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mikespeed

Starting Member

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 11:22pm

water pressure to low? options?

Thanks for taking a sec to at least look.

My yard is 25x30(with a 5'x7' corner cutout). I have eleven Rainbird 4" 1800 series popups with HE-VAN-15s. Five 90* Four 180* and two 360*. The pipe is 1/2" and is plumbed to rap around the perimeter with a cross pipe cutting the rectangle in half the long way. 25'x2 30'x3.

Depending on the time of day, and I assume the water usage in the neighborhood, there are 2-3 sprinklers that do not pop up or only pop up part way.

Do I have too many sprinklers? Should I switch to HE-VAN-12s? Should I get some of Rainbird's PCS filter things and drop the output?

I'd like to avoid splitting it into two zones,...

Thanks again.

mrfixit

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 3:59am

First of all the 1/2" pipe was a bad idea.

Check to see if the seals on the sprinklers are bad. Leaking profusely.

Measure how far apart the sprinklers are. The less distance the less water used. You need head to head coverage only. No need to overspray.

I've had really good luck with the Toro Precision Nozzles I believe they use 40% less water. That might fix you up. Of course you have to run them longer to get the same amount of precipitation.

BackflowInspector

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 4:41pm

Those are great nozzles.

I am so happy to hear somebody else has appreciated them too.

They should be called bacon savers as they can save your bacon on repair calls.

:thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:
LI0006121, BPAT0011021, CI0009500

Rate this thread