You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 8:43am

Sprinkler zone low water pressure - unique problem?

After watching countless YouTube videos, I still can't figure this one out?

I have a 10 zone system. This spring, zones 5 - 10 had low water pressure. I didn't have time to troubleshoot it, so the next weekend I tested the system again. This time, they all worked, strong water pressure. Yesterday, I tested it out again but zones 5, 6, 9, and 10 have low pressure.

I'm about to go out and troubleshoot but was hoping to get some ideas on what to look for?

Thank you!

mrfixit

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 12:46pm

There might be a problem with all of the diaphragms. Are the valves old?
Do they come on stronger if you open the bleeder screw?
Is there a master valve?

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 6:37pm

Here's an update, I tested all of the solenoids today. I was able to manually turn on each zone at the solenoid. Some of them were a bit stiff but I was able to turn them all on. All the sprinkler heads at each zone worked fine, strong pressure.

Then, I turned them all off and tested each zone automatically at the control box. All the troublesome zones (5-10) work fine again.

This is a cookie cutter home I built with a builder about 11 years ago. Is that considered old in terms of the lifespan of irrigation equipment?

I just had to look up what a bleeder screw is. Picture here for noobs like myself coming to this page from Google:

I didn't touch the bleeder screw. What's its function?

Also, I'm not sure if there's a master valve. This subvision has 2 water systems to each home. One is for culinary water and the other is strictly for irrigation, so I don't think we have backflow valves, as I've seen discussed in many YouTube videos.

Well, my system is working again. However, I'd like to ensure that the electrical signal is able to turn on each zone RELIABLY to prevent low water pressure issues.

Any ideas on how to do that?

Appreciate you spending your Sunday to answer questions! :D 8) :thumbsup:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NASArocks" (Jun 5th 2017, 6:03pm)

Rate this thread