You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rodtel

Starting Member

Sunday, May 28th 2017, 9:46am

slim dial controller

On my slim dial controller the display has faded out. I opened it and connected
9v battery. Display came back temporarily but faded. System is maybe 15 years
Old. Is there a fuse? Thanks

mrfixit

Sunday, May 28th 2017, 1:06pm

Page 24 of the manual indicates tha the Slim Dial has a circuit breaker and not a fuse.

Take the back up battery out. Unplug the conroller for a minute. When you plug it back in is there a disapay?

No = bad transformer or the outlet the transformer is plugged into isn't working. Is the transformer cold to the touch?

Yes = you fixed it or it might occure again if there's a short in one of the field wires or a solenoid.

I bet if you hooked three 9 volt batteries together you'll get a display. I've never done that but give it a whirl. I might sometime just for the heck of it.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 28th 2017, 1:34pm

No fuse to replace. There was a component that acted as a self-resetting circuit breaker.

These are old controllers. You could replace it with an entry-level pro-quality controller like the Hunter X-Core

Rate this thread