You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hapmea

Wednesday, May 17th 2017, 11:50am

Hunter Pro C controller

My Hunter Pro C has 2 added modules for a total of 9 stations has stopped working. The main module works fine.
The display is correct but there is no 24v output. Both modules appear to have failed at the same time. I see no fuses unless they are in the front panel.
a

mrfixit

Wednesday, May 17th 2017, 1:49pm

Make sure the bar that locks the modules into place is locked.
If that doesn't work, power down the controller, take the modules out, wait a minute, put the modules back in, lock the modules into place and power it back up. Did that work?
You might want to check the back up battery first do you don't lose all your programming.

hapmea

Wednesday, May 17th 2017, 3:07pm

Hunter Pro C Controller

Thanks mrfixit..I tried your suggestions but I still have the problem. as stated in my first post both secondary modules failed together I am wandering if the main module is the problem since I read that the main configures added modules.

mrfixit

Wednesday, May 17th 2017, 3:16pm

Maybe try it again without the back up battery in it. Let it completely shut down for 5 minutes with the modules out then reassemble. Unplug it.
I'm racking my brain here trying to think about what you've said about the main module configuring the rest of the modules. All the circuits are on the circuit board. I'll have to read up on it later. No time now. Gotta work.

mrfixit

Thursday, May 18th 2017, 5:44am

I read the manual. I didn't find anything specific or referring to what you said about the main module activating the other modules. I don't believe that to be true.
If I was you I'd take the controller to an irrigation supply store and let them test it. They'll stick a new module in there and see if that's the problem. I can't guarantee they'll do that but they should diagnose the problem for you so they can make a sale.

Rate this thread