You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, May 13th 2017, 5:38pm

Subsurface drip unknown open end hose

I have subsurface drip irrigation, builder installed, buried 2 to 3 inches below lawn and flower beds. There are a total of 6 zones. I removed a bureford holly at the corner of the house and below it was a drip hose uncapped coming straight up from who knows where. I dug down about 30 inches (even below utility gas lines) and can't find where it's connected to. It won't pull out easily. I ran all 6 zones and no water comes out. Is this some sort of pressure relief or what? It is so deep that I don't see any purpose it serves. Should I keep digging or just rebury it?

mrfixit

Saturday, May 13th 2017, 6:56pm

Sounds strange. Maybe they were using it to water the tree. No clue really. I'd just cap the end off and bury it. You can fold it in half and wrap a bunch of black tape around it or use some bailing wire.

Saturday, May 13th 2017, 11:34pm

Thank you sir for the quick reply. My wife gave me the same advice, but I tend to be too curious for my own good. Thanks again!