You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dgueffro

Starting Member

Monday, May 8th 2017, 8:00pm

Repairing Lawn Genie Valves

I have a set of six Lawn Genie 3/4 " valves without backflow preventers. This year, three of six will not work. I have replaced the diaphragms and checked to see that the solenoids work. I cannot get them to activate, either manual using the vent valve or with the solenoid. Is there anything else to check? Three of the valves work perfectly.

mrfixit

Tuesday, May 9th 2017, 11:36am

Let me guess. You have those green valves without flow controls.

I ran across one of those recently I couldn't get to work to save my life. I even had the original new white colored diaphragm.
After taking it apart about 4 times I finally had to replace it.

The thing is with lawn genie they kept redesigning them. There's a variety of diaphragms on the shelves. If you don't have the exact one it wont work.

Maybe there's debris in the valves blocking a port under the solenoids.

I suggest replacing them with Irritrol 2500's.

Rate this thread