You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

newbie24

Starting Member

Monday, May 1st 2017, 11:43am

What pump?

As a disclaimer, i know relatively nothing about pumps or sprinkler systems. My situation is that i moved into a house several years ago that resides on a lake, and the yard is roughly 1.5 acres. There is a full sprinkler system installed, but the previous owner removed the pump before he foreclosed on the property. I would like to install a new pump and get the system running, but am not 100% sure exactly what i need.

The system is fed from the lake. There is a pipe that is run from the water to a small boat house about 15 yards off shore where the old pump was located, and the outlets for the zones were. The boat house is 1-3 feet above water level. I believe its 110 electric that is ran to the boat house. I'm not sure on diameter of existing connections that connected to the old pump. I am unsure of the number of sprinkler heads ran throughout the property, but the furthest is probably around 175-200 feet from the boat house, and 15-20 feet up in elevation (my entire front yard is 15-20 feet above the water). What pump specs should i be looking for? Will 1.5 HP be enough? Does it need to self prime? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Rate this thread