You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ishyjo

Starting Member

Sunday, April 30th 2017, 8:39pm

Champion/Superior brass electric actuator not opening w/ working solenoid

Hi,
I have a Toro Exctra timer that is hooked up to 4 zones in my front yard. On the controller display, zone 4 continues to be faulting. I have replaced the solenoid for zone 4 and confirmed that the solenoid is working by switching it w/ a different zone and it opens the valve. When I manual bleed the valve, the valve does open and activate the sprinklers. I'm trying to figure out what else could be wrong before forking up ~$50 to replace the entire valve.
Any suggestions for troubleshooting is appreciated!

mrfixit

Monday, May 1st 2017, 2:17am

There's a problem with the wiring. Even if you installed a new valve the fault would still show on number 4.
Look for bare wired touching each other somewhere. I find them a lot where the wire exits the garage from a weed eater.
Could be that someone did some diggnig recently and nicked the wires.
Have you tried running the problem valve with wires from a good valve?
Is there a spare wire not being used you can hook up?

Rate this thread