You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

shivuns

Unregistered

Sunday, April 30th 2017, 12:52pm

One zone spraying even though the controller is in the off position.

I turned on the main water supply line to my sprinkler system with the controller set to the off position. I found that one zone was spraying even though the controller was in the off position. What could be cause/reason for this? I'd like to get it resolved before I really need to use the sprinklers.

mrfixit

Monday, May 1st 2017, 2:37am

Find the valve in question and adjust it or repair it. It's possible but not very likely it's the controller. Try disconnecting the wire from the valve and see if it shuts off. If not it's the valve itself. There could be debris keeping the valve from shutting off as well.

What model valve is it? Could you post a pic?

shivuns

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 10th 2017, 11:57am

They are Toro 264 series electric 1 inch valves with a Toro Greenskeeper control panel.

mrfixit

Wednesday, May 10th 2017, 12:29pm

The diaphragm on that valve will eventually get a hole in it. There's a good possibility that's the problem.
Could be the controller. One time I saw the Greenskeeper have a bad module and one station has power all the time no matter what. I swapped out the module and all was good.
There could be debris in side the valve keeping it from shutting off.
It's possible the plunger on that solenoid being stuck open. I've seen that particular solenoid rust inside quite a few times. If you take the solenoid off be very careful to not lose the spring under the plunger. If you drop it you may never find it again. When you take the solenoid off, note how the plunger looks. You don't want to put it in backwards. The pointy side goes in first towards the spring.

shivuns

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 10th 2017, 2:37pm

Correction, they are rain bird 100dv valves. I went off of the original quote that I received when they were installed, but they are not the Toro's that I originally thought. After some research, I matched the one's that I have to the Rain Bird 100DV. Pretty much the same procedure?

shivuns

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 10th 2017, 3:06pm

Thanks for your time.

Rate this thread