You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cindyw

Starting Member

Wednesday, April 19th 2017, 1:06pm

wiring questions, replacing Hunter SRC with X-core

I have a 1997 hunter SRC that I am replacing with x-core because the push buttons are finicky lately.. on the SRC I have wires connected to both of the AC terminals (one has 2 red, one has 2 white) I have one wire connected to the "R" terminal and I don't know what it is for. I have 2 wires connected to the RS and one to the C, none to the MV. Why might I have extra wires? All I have is a rain sensor and I have 7 zones which each have one wire. I don't know where to put all the extra wires on the new x-core which has less terminals. The AC adapter is already wired to it.

I understand where the rain sensor wires go on the x-core (assuming it's the spot that says "SEN" and has a jumper that I remove) I do know which wires come from the rain sensor. I just don't know what the other wires are for and which wire is my "common" wire. link to google photo of current wiring.. https://goo.gl/photos/m4k3f4svQf6J9zEN6

Thank you!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Apr 19th 2017, 8:36pm)

mrfixit

Wednesday, April 19th 2017, 8:33pm

It looks like you have a port somewhere for a Hunter remote. That would be the red A/C the white A/C then the blue R.

The other red and white wires on the A/C should go to the transformer.

Then that white wire on the RS terminal is your common wire.

The other two speaker looking wires go to a rain sensor.

That's my best guess from here.

Rate this thread