You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

waterthelawn

Starting Member

Tuesday, April 18th 2017, 1:54pm

newbie question - adding bubblers to current zone heads

Hi all,
Brand new to forum. Wanted to get opinions on doing what I believe to be non-recommended. I have a small yard with four zones. Large pop-ups in two zones (front), and two zones with sprayer pop-ups (side and "curb grass strip area"). I have a small mulch bed (doesnt get watered) that I've planted six dwarf (soccer ball size) thornberry bushes in at the beginning of last year. Right next to this mulch bed is one of three pop-ups for one of the front yard zones. These small shrubs dry out and brown very quickly if left unwatered (by sprinkler can) after a few days. What I had in mind was running about an eight foot piece of line teed off of this zone and adding about 4 bubbler nozzles every two feet. Obviously these would then come on with this zone, which I run for forty minutes. I think I see where I can get such (Hunter) bubblers that are capable of the higher pressure without doing much more. How wasteful and / or potentially obsolete would this be in attempting to water these shrubs and save twenty minutes of my time every day in the summer? Thanks for any responses and opinions!!

Rate this thread