You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jason7613

Starting Member

Sunday, April 16th 2017, 11:36am

Help with Dewinterizing system

Hi all,

I searched for a particular forum to put this in, but only saw an area for winterizing. I am a newer homeowner and last spring we installed an in ground system. It has eight zones (due to pressure issues with using six or seven) and I am trying to learn how to dewinterize my system for the spring time. I've watched a good amount of youtube videos but unfortunately I am still stuck because the videos don't have the exact system that I have. I was going to pay someone (and will if I have to but I truly would like to learn this on my own.

I have two covers on the ground next to each other where the spout is and each cover once opened shows four things (I am assuming this is for the zones as there are eight in total) but not sure where to start. According to the videos I've watched and articles I've read, there is a shut off valve and something where I need to close off before opening the valve inside by the water main.

Here is a link to pictures which show the four valves in each, and a close up of the two that look slightly different than the others.

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/jason7613/library/

Any advice is very much appreciated, and I can take more/better pictures if needed.

Thank you very much

Rate this thread