You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bing

Starting Member

Sunday, April 16th 2017, 8:15am

Two pumps in parallel misbehaving

I have 2 irrigation pumps that I paralleled to the same sprinkler system. Having two was intended to help deliver the necessary flow but it is not working. Both pumps are pressure controlled. Once the pumps have powered up and then shut off (due to pressure being reached) the second pump will never run again. The “master” pump will start when the low pressure set point is reached, and before the “slave” pump reaches its low pressure set point. I have tried adjusting pressure set points with no luck. What I need to do is have one pump control the start and stop of both pumps. I think I can do this by adding wires from the master pump relay and run them to a different new relay for the slave pump. That involves some trenching (about 100 ft.). I was thinking there might be a wifi or other solution that would start and stop the second pump based on what the first pump is doing? Any thoughts/ideas. Thank you!