You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Korvint

Starting Member

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 9:05pm

drip line help design

Hi all, I'm new to this.

Question:
I have existing underground PVC irrigation for sprinklers. One pvc line (one zone) feeds 2 areas, one area downslope of my driveway and then goes under the driveway and supplies irrigation uphill of my driveway. My house is on a slope. Landscaper changed the irrigation uphill of my driveway with 1/2 poly tube with drip lines due to new plants, etc. The area downslope of driveway was untouched with existing plants and has a combination of sprinklers and retrofit quadbubblers. Obviously this doesn't work with drip lines and sprinklers on the same zone so i want to change out the area downslope from my driveway to drip.

Can I use one of the risers on the downslope and change it to 1/2 polytube with drip and close off all the other risers? The upslope area of the driveway must have a riser connected to 1/2 poly with drip already from landscaper. So the question is can i use 2 separate risers on one zone for drip servicing different areas? or is that a no no? The more proximal drip zone (downslope) will have more pressure than the farther drip area (uphill) and to make it worse its upslope.

Thanks for your help!

Rate this thread