You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JasonW

Starting Member

Monday, April 10th 2017, 10:28am

Severe jumping/cycling pump and pressure switch HELP!!!

I recently installed a new 2HP Wayne pump on my irrigation system. I am having severe cycling on/off fn the pump/pressure switch. So much so that the pump jumps on/off immediately upon supplying power to the system. I have replaced the pressure switch and ensured the line coming into it is not clogged. The pump and all valves run great when it finally "grabs" and turns on. I removed a pressure tank that the previous homeowner had installed on the system, thinking the pressures may be off with it, that didn't remedy the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try next? Just FYI, the max static pressure I'm reading on the system is around 38PSI or so with no zones on. That seems a little low... I am using a a 20/40 Square D Pressure Switch.