You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, December 4th 2016, 1:50pm

Indexing valve replacement question

Hello, my sprinkler system quit working and there's odd noises and gurgling sound coming from what I have learned is the Indexing valve. Your product here
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/K-Rain-4606-Indexing-Valve-p/4606.htm
appears to be what I currently have, albeit a much earlier version. I'm moderately handy diy-wise. Is this something I can do myself and if so any guidance /suggestions would be most welcome.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, December 4th 2016, 3:51pm

You can take it apart and try cleaning out any debris or deposits. You will see a large disc, which guides the water to the appropriate zone. That is the service part most likely to need replacement.

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 3:51pm

I went and looked at this indexing valve unit real close. There's a small hole in the top. I just had my roof redone. Looks like they may have dropped a piece of something on it. Do you think I can just get the above replacement and cut the PVC pipes off at the base of the old unit and install the new unit? Obviously I'll have to rework then input feed a bit.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, December 7th 2016, 8:58am

Just replace the whole thing. It isn't likely that the input/output arrangement will be different, if you keep to the same make. The only possible caveat is if the old unit had special-order internal parts for low-flow conditions (again, not likely, considering the usual amount of water flowing in these systems)