You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 4:40pm

Replacing sprinkler - water at base of sprinkler question

Hello everyone.

New to learning about sprinklers and replacements, but i find a lot of enjoyment in it. I do have a question though.

I am replacing a old Toro sprinkler at my house that is a 360 setup. I was trying out some of those Hunter MP SR sprinklers because of the efficiency and I do not want to waste water.

I removed the old sprinkler, installed the new Hunter MP and it looks good (still working with pressure adjustments). However, I noticed at the base of the sprinkler, water pools up a little bit. I made sure that the sprinkler was on hand tight, which it was. I am curious as to why that is happening, and how do I fix it?

The bodies I am using are pressure regulated to 30psi and I do not believe they have check valves. I was looking at a few of the other sprinklers i replaced with the MP SR rotator, some have no water, 2 more do.

Anything I can do?
Where should I start? Would like this to be very efficient use of water and not waste any.

I appreciate the help.

Cheers,

Sprinklerdude

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 5:00pm

it could be the fitting that the head threads on to. Is it hard piped with a threads? Is it connected with a cut off nipple green or brown? or is connected through a funny pipe type of connections? It could be that the fitting or pipe connection is either not threaded in just right or there is an issue with the fitting.
The problem could be where the fitting threads into the pipe or where the fitting threads into the sprinkler head.

That is the place I would start.
:thumbup: :thumbsup:
LI0006121, BPAT0011021, CI0009500

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 11:08pm

it could be the fitting that the head threads on to. Is it hard piped with a threads? Is it connected with a cut off nipple green or brown? or is connected through a funny pipe type of connections? It could be that the fitting or pipe connection is either not threaded in just right or there is an issue with the fitting.
The problem could be where the fitting threads into the pipe or where the fitting threads into the sprinkler head.

That is the place I would start.
Thanks for the help. That was my suspicion as well.
My guess is, i need to dig the hole a bit deeper and get down there and see what is going on?

Thanks again!

Rate this thread