You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sleepyace

Starting Member

Wednesday, November 16th 2016, 12:59am

Winterizing New House

Hello, I've just recently moved into a house and the sprinkler setup seems to be slightly different than most of the common setup. I was able to blow out all the zones by hooking up my compressor to the backflow preventer however I'm not seeing how to drain the line BEFORE the backflow preventer.

The shut off valve is located outside in the front lawn and I did not find a drain valve in the same box as the shut off valve. It looks like the piping goes from the shut off valve (front lawn) to a box (side of the house right beside the backflow preventer) with a solenoid and into the backflow preventer. Any ideas what i need to do to drain the line before the backflow preventer? I have a 21gal compressor that i could use. Thanks in advance!

Rate this thread