You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lars

Sunday, November 6th 2016, 7:01am

Richdel 500i

Well I finally got 5 out of 8 zones operational on 30+ year old system. Programmed it to start Sat. am for zones 1-4 starting a 7am, run time 15 min., for each zone. It started fine, went thru all 4, then when it was time to activate the one zone in group B, it started over again in group A and went thru it again. It did this 4 times, on the 5th time it switched to group B, ran as programmed for that zone, then shut-down. Did I miss something in programming? I followed the manual to the letter. I dont want each zone to have an hour of watering, so I moved the switch for zones 1-4 to 4 mins.,as 4x4=16.
This was the first time I ran it programmed after purchasing this property.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 6th 2016, 4:44pm

Multiple start times is the reason you see additional cycles. Only one single start time is needed for a sprinkling cycle, no matter how many zones.

Lars

Sunday, November 6th 2016, 5:00pm

So, If I understand what you are saying is to set a start for zone 1 say 7am, move the button to the # of minutes I want zone 1 to water, then move the button for zone 2 to the # of minutes I want, and so on down the line right?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, November 7th 2016, 7:47am

Think of the start time being like your alarm clock. The alarm only has to sound once to start someone on their morning routine.

Rate this thread