You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, October 24th 2016, 8:20am

Wilkins 975XL - Flow Problem - NO Leaks

I have a Wilkins 975xl backflow preventer. It is removed every winter and passes its test before every spring. That said - my sprinkle output is very weak. Each time I run the sprinklers I have to shut off the water coming from the Wilkins and open the three relief valves. This can be done in any order - once all three are open - I shut them off one at a time - open the water valve back up - and my sprinklers run just fine.....

Once done all 5 zones run normally. There are no visible leaves from the preventer.

Thoughts?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 25th 2016, 8:44am

You are probably going to have to get used to rebuilding that RPZ on a regular basis. Hard water buildups will jam the poppets and/or limit their movement.

Rate this thread