You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Cblguy

Starting Member

Monday, October 17th 2016, 6:18am

old system

I just bought a house that has a well system. It appears as though it hasn't been active for a few years (missing pump, broken sprinkler heads,ect) I am totally ignorant about lawn watering systems, but I am a fairly competent DIY'r but I'm sure some of my questions will come across as dumb to the seasoned pros here. I have been reading a LOT the past couple days and have learned a few things. "IT IS ROCKET SCIENCE"....LOL
My questions are:
1. There isn't a pump, what determines the HP/GPM/pressure?
2. What type of pump is best?
3. What is the best way to test the system..can I temp. hook my city water and see what leaks and clogged heads?
this is the closest match I can find of the valve on my system.
Anti Siphon Valve

Thanks

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wet_Boots" (Oct 17th 2016, 7:53am)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, October 17th 2016, 8:02am

A manual valve and a pump is a pretty low-tech combination. Was/is there a controller of any sort?

Any more details on the well? Shallow or deep? Well point?

You can try running city water through your antisyphon valve for a test to see what you have. You kind of have to take inventory and hope to learn what flow and pressure is needed to work the system.

Rate this thread