You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

llatorre

Unregistered

Monday, October 10th 2016, 11:55am

Adjustment to old system?

Hi,
We have an old sprinkler system from the late 70's or early 80's in the house we just bought, and it works great. It's all copper piping and most of the sprinkler heads are on the perimeter of the lawn, with just a few in the middle. My wife wants a flower bed put in all along the roadside area and up the alongside the driveway to the front of the house, as well as a rail decorative fence. However, that of course would mess up the sprinkler system--so I would have to move the sprinkler heads. I've never worked with a sprinkler system before, and especially since it's all copper pipe, I wondered what exactly would be involved and how difficult would it be to move the sprinkler heads away from the perimeter of the yard?
Thanks,
Leo

llatorre

Unregistered

Monday, October 10th 2016, 12:05pm

Here's a picture from google. In the red is where she wants the flower bed.

llatorre

Unregistered

Monday, October 10th 2016, 12:10pm

Never mind, I couldn't get the picture to load.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 11th 2016, 9:58pm

Sprinkler heads thread onto pipes, so it is always possible to unthread a sprinkler head from its connection and add fittings and pipe to relocate the head.

Rate this thread