You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kit

Unregistered

Monday, September 12th 2016, 12:41pm

Manually opening solenoid won't start zone

Hello,
I have a mostly-working sprinkler system with over 20 zones. When I try to manually open a solenoid to test an individual zone (I have tried this on several different sprinkler valves in my yard), no sprinklers are coming on. What am I missing here? It almost acts like there is a shutoff ahead of my individual zone valves that I am missing. Is that common? Like I said before, zones that even work with the controller normally won't manually open by opening the solenoid. Obviously the main water shutoff valve is open, or else most of the sprinklers wouldn't be working.

Any help is appreciated.

mrfixit

Monday, September 12th 2016, 12:53pm

It sounds like there's a master valve. Is there a wire hooked up to the master valve or pump terminal on the controller?
Water can't get to the zone valves unless the master valve is on.

Rate this thread