You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Randy4ut

Starting Member

Tuesday, August 30th 2016, 4:45pm

New to irrigation systems and having trouble with one of my zones

I just recently purchased a home with an irrigation system that is already installed. I am having an issue with one of my zones that has me puzzled. During a set schedule to run, this zone barely seems to have enough pressure to raise my risers, when all my other 6 zones do fine. When I run a test on that zone, the risers pop up and I get excellent coverage and am pleased with the result. It is like a valve for this zone does not open fully during the scheduled or programmed time, but the valve opens fully during a zone test.
What am I missing here and how do I go about getting this corrected? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

mrfixit

Wednesday, August 31st 2016, 1:58am

Try moving the wire to zone 1 of the valve that's having problems. I'm not sure that'll make any difference but it might.

Which model valve do you have?

My guess would be that it's an intermittent problem and just a coincidence that it worked one way and not the other. Or..

Could be that another zone isn't shutting off when you think it is so when the zone in question comes on it doesn't have pressure becuase there's two zones running at once.
So when you turn it on manally at the controller there isn't another valve running at the time so the sprinklers work.
That's one reason why I suggest moving the wire to the number one slot.

Are you on a pump or well?

Rate this thread