You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, August 27th 2016, 11:46am

Pro C Controller - 2 zones not shutting off

I have a Hunter Pro C controller with 10 zones. Two of my zones mysteriously turned on during a rain storm yesterday. The system was off at the time. I unplugged the controller and the zones go off. The controller display does not show anything odd or any error codes. Could this be an issue caused by lightning?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, August 27th 2016, 4:24pm

Yes, lightning can permanently scramble a controller.

Saturday, August 27th 2016, 10:59pm

Pro C

If the timer was hit by lightning or if the valves got hit it can do some harm. From what you are saying I think it was the valves because if its just those 2 valves for those 2 zones do the 2 zones go back on when you plug in the timer if not run a manual watering to confirm its all good and when the start time you have set arrives check to confirm that the sprinklers are going on if so the timer and valves should be ok.

Sunday, August 28th 2016, 7:24pm

Update - Pro C - 2 bad zones

The two zones turn off if I unplug the PRO-C Controler. In addition, they turn back on if the controller is plugged back into the wall.

My system has 10 zones. The PRO-C controller was installed with a 'base' module which controls 4 zones and two PCM 300 modules which control 3 zones each. The zones which would not shut off were connected to the base module (e.g., zones 2 and 4).

If I connect the wires of the zones not shutting off to other, previously working zones, they work properly (e.g., they don't come on when I plug the unit into the wall).

In addition, I can move one of the PCM 300 modules to the open slot which controls zones 11-16, and they work fine.

It seems I might have a 1) bad 'base' module or 2) the controller is somehow not working on zones 2 and 4.

Does anyone have a method for testing a PRO-C base module?
Thanks!

Rate this thread