You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Nitefury

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 10:16pm

Hunter pop-up spray heads

Hi there! Once upon a time, a decade or so ago, I worked at a miniature golf course. I was once tasked with going through and tuning up the sprinkler system. It was a Frankenstein system with all different brands and heads and everything... Anyway, my absolute favorite head in that place was a Hunter brand spray head. I can't seem to find anything about them on the web. It was a very slim line head- the underground sheath was just barely any larger than the pop-up part. There was no flare at ground level or anything. This head had a very nice, even water spray pattern and put out a good heavy amount of water. It was also VERY easy to adjust the spray radius, by just twisting the top. It could go from nothing(or maybe just a spaghetti noodle) to a full 360(or maybe like 355*)

Could anyone help me identify or find any information or a source(used or otherwise) for these older model sprinklers?

Happy watering!

-Buck

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, August 4th 2016, 9:02am

They are long discontinued. There was nothing they did in way of coverage that other makes and models can't duplicate.

Nit3fury

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 7:32am

Well I really liked that they had a really high flow rate without misting at all, were attractive, and were so smooth and easy to adjust... Any information on the model line or ideas on a comparable replacement?

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 8:30am

Two things - the not-misting you noticed is characteristic of poor distribution - and the adjustable arcs have a habit of not keeping their settings

I see these heads in systems, and can count on them (not all of them, just a random few) not maintaining the arc adjustments. This problem can apply to any adjustable arc nozzle, so your best bet is always fixed nozzle patterns. As for misting, a spray nozzle can't distribute large droplets over the entire coverage area, so there has to be finer droplets near the nozzle, and high pressure brings on misting. Pressure-regulating spray bodies can control this issue.

mrfixit

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 12:42am

Is this what you're looking for?
Sprinklers
I remember those slim things. Didn't they adjust with the PGP tool?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 8:54am

Is this what you're looking for?
Sprinklers
I remember those slim things. Didn't they adjust with the PGP tool?
The arc was adjustable by hand when the head was popped up. The flow control needed the hex key to adjust.

Warning on the eBay heads linked. They come from Australia and they look like they do not have an 'American' pipe thread connection. "BSB" is an acronym for British Standard Brass.

Rate this thread