You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Maynard7

Starting Member

Monday, August 1st 2016, 7:06pm

Could my wacky plan actually work?

The only wiring available to run my Rain Dial sprinkler control box is controlled by a photocell that turns outside lights on and off automatically from dusk to dawn. So there will only be AC power to the box during the night. I cannot afford to pay $1,000 to get a new trench and wiring installed to power this sprinkler box. I was thinking that if I program the box to turn on sprinkler valves at 4 a.m. and finish all operations before the photocell turns off power to the line, that it would be enough to have a 9 volt battery backup inside the box that would maintain the schedules. Since a good 9 volt battery will power my smoke detector for a whole year I figure I can probably maintain the sprinkler schedule in that box. What could go wrong with this plan?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 1st 2016, 10:12pm

move on to plan B

Rate this thread