You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kekleon

Monday, August 1st 2016, 1:38pm

Permanent non-battery run drip irrigation.

Hi, I'm helping design something for a park and I'm trying to find out if there is any sort of irrigation system that would last forever or at least for a very long time without having to operate manually or use batteries or electricity.

P.S.: This is under the assumption that we have indefinite supplies of water and that it wont clog.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 1st 2016, 2:28pm

Only if you have solar power is anything like this feasible.

Kekleon

Tuesday, August 2nd 2016, 10:08am

Only if you have solar power is anything like this feasible.
How long do you think a long life battery powered system could last for?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 2nd 2016, 1:37pm

I would like to hear why solar power can't be employed.

Kekleon

Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 9:21am

I would like to hear why solar power can't be employed.
1. 400$ Budget
2. Already overbudget
3. No place to put solar panels or wiring
4. Building using wood
5. Park has lots of trees (aka shade)
6. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ramsay+Park,+Boston,+MA+02118/@42.3342934,-71.0824206,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x89e37a3c33ff4bc9:0x7a2b4711a124647!8m2!3d42.3344581!4d-71.0806043
Use google earth to view the park

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 12:31pm

Your budget is not realistic. A code-approved connection to city water could easily consume the entire amount.

In any event, lacking the power to run a controller and conventional valves, you move to battery-powered valves, where the controller and valve are a single unit.

Kekleon

Monday, August 8th 2016, 9:11am

Your budget is not realistic. A code-approved connection to city water could easily consume the entire amount.

In any event, lacking the power to run a controller and conventional valves, you move to battery-powered valves, where the controller and valve are a single unit.
Not relying on city water sources

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 8th 2016, 11:27am

A city park to be watered by non-city water is not a concept that fits what takes place in a city like Boston, or in any town or city in our country. The satellite photo shows Ramsay Park to consist of a baseball field, and some grassland with fully mature trees. If Ramsay Park is to become as verdant as nearby Madison Park, it will not happen on a $400 budget.

Tell us more about this project. What's being watered, and where? Clearly something off the beaten path is going on here.

Rate this thread