You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lauriec

Unregistered

Thursday, July 28th 2016, 7:51am

understanding the irrigation system that came with house

Hi folks, newbie here. We have a relatively new house and our first irrigation system. I'd like to try to understand it and document what we have. So far i know that we have a Hunter Controller and 4 of five zones active. We have pop up sprinkers on lawn, some tall sprayers (?) in some perennial beds and then drip irrigation in remainder of shrub and perennial beds.

I've been adding plants so need to make changes to drip irrigation. So I've been lifting the irrigation lines out of the mulch so I can see exactly what I have and where it goes.

Assume this is the best way to get started and document the layout and plan. I'd like to be able to manage this myself and not have to call someone every time i want to add something.

Question - re drip lines- I know i can plug up existing drip outlets and then add another. But can I just add new ones - how do i figure out how many is too many

and how do I figure out what my water pressure is etc.

thanks for help.

laurie