You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 28th 2016, 7:10am

New to Sprinklers and new well issues

I am new to the sprinkler system world. When I bought my house a few months ago I realized the irrigation system was hooked up to City water source and that was getting expensive. I had a shallow well put in with an above ground pump strictly to run my sprinklers. That was the only change. Recently I have noticed some of my zones aren't working. I have an indexing valve system, but that seems to be working properly. I am not sure if it is due to the lack of rain we are having and my closer zones are able to run, but my further zones can't? Any help would be appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 28th 2016, 12:20pm

Try capping off a head in one of the trouble zones, and see what happens.

Thursday, July 28th 2016, 2:36pm

What do you mean?

Thursday, July 28th 2016, 3:26pm

Nevermind, I misread your comment. My apologies

Monday, August 1st 2016, 2:58pm

I forced all my sprinklers in that zone to stay up. I then replaced one sprinkler due to it leaking, which helped, but didn't fix it. I then closed 2 of my sprinkler nozzles and that fixed the popping up problem. I switched those 2 sprinkler nozzles from 15' to 8' and problem has now been solved. Apparently there was enough of a pressure difference to cause issues when switching from City water to Well water. I read that FIMCO makes a low pressure stem for my indexing valve system and might buy one.

Rate this thread