You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

navatkai

Unregistered

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 1:50am

Sprinkler valve install

I am going to replace one leaky anti siphon sprinkler valve from a set of 3 and need some ideas on how to do it the right way so that next time there is a leak in the value I can replace one with minimal to no cutting of pipes. Preferably by unscrewing the adapters. Do experts on this forum feel using unions on both in and out flow pipes useful?
I also plan to add pressure regulator on the valve that controls the drip line. Would it go on the in-flow pipe or out-pipe?Also adding it would increase the length of the valve. I guess there is no workaround for that. Any suggestions for a first time installer like me will be very helpful?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 8:13am

Unions are going to be more bother than simply learning how to cut and join pipes. Get good tools and learn their use.

Put the drip regulator downstream of the valve.

navatkai

Unregistered

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 6:46pm

Sprinkler valve install

If the pressure is constant on the main line, can the flow control on the orbit sprinkler valve be a substitute for pressure regulator?
Unions are going to be more bother than simply learning how to cut and join pipes. Get good tools and learn their use.

Put the drip regulator downstream of the valve.