You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Skywatcher

Starting Member

Thursday, July 21st 2016, 6:10am

Using old Toro 'Freespace' hydraulic controler and needing and needing an interface component to convert to an electric controller.

My subject describes my sprinkler issue. Has anyone found a component using the hydraulic tubes that could receive the tubes and become electrically controlled? I'm wanting to wirelessly manage my watering.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 21st 2016, 8:04am

You got it backwards. Sell the Toro hydraulic controller on eBay/wherever and buy a new conventional controller.

If you are saying you still want to activate hydraulic valves, and your hydraulic controller is shot, you buy a new controller of conventional or wireless-ready design, and buy an interface to convert electric output into what hydraulic valves require.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wet_Boots" (Jul 21st 2016, 10:17am)

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 24th 2016, 1:50pm

Very Cool

I did not know this was an option. Is it new?

We always located the hydraulic valves and replaced with solenoid valves and ran new wire. Of course, That option is very expensive.

Very Cool product.

I learned something today.
:thumbup: :thumbsup:
LI0006121, BPAT0011021, CI0009500

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 24th 2016, 9:32pm

the interface has always been possible to create from individual solenoid operated 'pilot valves' which were used on golf course heads that had their own internal normally-open hydraulic valves

there is also a simpler 'pilot valve' that can work to control the "pin type" normally-closed hydraulic valves often found in residential systems

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Monday, July 25th 2016, 1:02pm

Great Information
:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:
LI0006121, BPAT0011021, CI0009500

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 26th 2016, 10:35am

It was something of a non-issue for me, because hydraulic systems I encountered were always lacking a backflow preventer, so a controller failure was an opportunity for a complete rebuild with code-compliant plumbing. It could almost be cheaper to replace a near-the-house manifold of hydraulic valves with standard electric valves than it would be to set up the interface.

Rate this thread