You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mlittman

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 19th 2016, 2:39pm

Toro EZ Flow Plus series valve

This is my first post here and I am looking for some insight. I have a Toro EZ Flow Plus Series Valve 29-03 and when the system turn on electronically there is no water flow going to the sprinklers. When I slightly turn the bleeder valve the water turn on, on the sprinklers. I notice that when the valve turns off I can here a bubbling sound in the valve or the pipes which tell me there is air in the system.

I would think that this may be the issue of why it won't start the water flow when it turns back on again, but how do I fix this. BTW i just purchased two new diaphragms and this is one of the new ones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mike

SunCoLawns

Advanced Member

Tuesday, July 19th 2016, 3:45pm

Try checking the solenoid. Some of those older EZ Flo solenoids will go bad and the solenoid will buzz, the plunger will lift but it will not activate the zone. Most of these solenoids have a small round metal disk on the top. If the disk is rounded rather than flat, it is a bad solenoid. If the solenoid does not buzz when the station is active, it may be a wiring issue.

mlittman

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 19th 2016, 10:59pm

I did not hear the solenoid buzzing, but it sound like the water wants to go through the valve. there is a little bit of water coming out of the sprinklers but not enough pressure to raise the stems.

I will try it again and see if it buzzes. If it doesn't any other suggestions?

Rate this thread