You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, July 18th 2016, 10:50am

Q re adding heads to an existing zone.

I have a 1" poly line zone with 3 Rainbird rotary heads. Some of my zone have 7-8 heads, so pressure is no problem. I need to add 2 more heads on the zone with 3 heads to get better coverage.

The existing main is a straight line line out of the vale box with 3 - 360 degree heads. I was thinking I would come off the main in 2 locations and add 2 valves in that are 180 degree spray. This should help with the overlap and cover the dead space between the 3 - 360 degree spray arch.

Can I just used the poly saddle valve (with barb) and about ~20' of funny pipe to feed each head? Or is 20' of funny pipe feeding a head too much?

Thanks !

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, July 18th 2016, 1:19pm

No saddle tees. Run regular piping to the new head locations.

Monday, July 18th 2016, 7:11pm

So run a branch off the existing main?

So just tap into the existing line with a 1" Tee and then run the new line into the area where I want the new heads. Then would I use a saddle Tee to feed the first head and put the 2nd head at the end of the line?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 19th 2016, 8:59am

try to find it within yourself to never choose to use saddle tees

Rate this thread