You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bob M

Saturday, July 9th 2016, 9:28am

Richdel 446PR

Hello,

I have a Richdel 446PR controller that seems rather old in a house we bought last fall. Now I'm trying it for the first time. No matter what manual or automatic settings I try only zone 1 works. When zone one is on it works fine. When any other zone is on the water still comes out on zone 1 but with a very weak stream and no water comes out of any other zone no matter what I do. When I put all the switches to off I still get a weak stream from zone 1 and it wont stop. The only way to stop it is to shout off the water supply. Do I need to get a new controller?

thanks

Bob

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 9th 2016, 10:02am

Find the zone one valve and fix it, most likely. Does the system have a master valve?

Bob M

Saturday, July 9th 2016, 10:34am

I don't know about that part of the system. I guess I'll have to do some research.
so then the problem may not be the controller?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 9th 2016, 12:49pm

Controllers are only rarely the problem. Far more likely a stuck-open valve.

Bob M

Saturday, July 9th 2016, 1:30pm

where would the valve be? do you know where I can find info about it?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 9th 2016, 5:46pm

the valve is between the stuck-open zone and the system shutoff - if you are going to maintain the system yourself, you must know where all the zone valves are - follow the control wiring (a pro follows it with a cable locating instrument)

jimthsv@comcast.net

Unregistered

Saturday, November 19th 2016, 8:08am

Richdell controller model 446pr

how is the top plastic cover removed from the case to replace the electronic controller?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 11:43am

You don't take apart old failed controllers. You replace them in their entirety.

Rate this thread