You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Polaris8030

Starting Member

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 12:06pm

irrigation pressure regulator : can't adjust

I've moved into a house ~20 years old and possibly nothing has changed in the irrigation system since then. None of the sprinkler heads pop up. House has a flat backyard section leading to an upslope and the water pressure is quite weak (there is a faucet hooked into the outdoor line and another faucet on the indoor line.. and the difference between indoor and outdoor pressure is night and day). Troubleshooting this system, I started at the main boxes (round green covers) .. one has the shutoff valve, the other has a pressure regulator.
However I am having trouble loosening the lock net .. I am worried that yanking it too hard is going to cause some permanent damage .. and a much bigger problem in a hurry.
I also notice that the adjustment nut is pretty much screwed in all the way tight. Doesn't this mean that the pressure is already at its max ?

Photos

thanks
-Brian

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 2:05pm

Consider getting a replacement. These things are serviceable more in theory than in practice, especially if you are in a hurry, because parts are unlikely to be available locally.