You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dwhite572

Unregistered

Thursday, June 30th 2016, 7:54am

Best dripperline for hard water?

Hi. I moved into a house that has an irrigation system for the garden that uses 1/2" dripperline with emitters every 12". The previous owner said that the system is only a couple of years old. I do know that the house water is very hard and has a high iron content. I checked the existing irrigation line and there appears to be very little to no water coming out of the emitters when the zone is open. I know the zone is opening due to a split in one of the pipes causing a large geyser. I suspect that the pipes are clogged from either the water or the iron. My question: If I replace the dripperline is there a type/brand that can handle hard and rusty water?

Rate this thread