You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Conzo427

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 2:56pm

Center strip nozzle that sprays more then 6' wide?

I recently installed a 2" pop-up 30' x 5' rain bird center strip sprinkler head, and I am finding that it does not go 5' wide, it hardly goes 4' wide. Does anyone know if anyone makes a center strip sprinkler nozzle that will spray wider then 5' or 6'? It does not have to be Rain Bird, I will just swap the head.

My thirsty yard thanks you!

SunCoLawns

Advanced Member

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 5:18pm

If it is not spraying as far as advertised it is probably because you pressure is not high enough. It looks like a RB center strip needs 30psi at the head. Really, unless you are watering a golf green, I'd recommend a 4" pop-up.

mrfixit

Wednesday, June 29th 2016, 12:23am

How long is the area and how many sprinklers are installed and how far apart are they?

I don't know of an existing nozzle that will do what you ask. You might need to redo the sprinklers and have two rows. One on either side.

But I do hae a crazy idea to try if they're are mutiple sprinklers. Is it the best solution? Nope. It might keep the area alive though.

Conzo427

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 29th 2016, 11:27am

I've decided to redo the system to accommodate a 4" sprinkler head. I didn't do enough research prior to designing the system so it's my own fault, but I still would like to find a center strip that will go wider then 5' or 6'. I have 3 heads total as the area is only about 500 Sq ft. Part of it is relatively square, and the other part runs along the side of my deck, and is about 6' by 20'. I SHOULD have done the placement differently, but now I have a head placed right in the middle of the strip when I thought that the head I bought would do the job. It advertises 5'x30', but it actually does more like 4'x40'. I am thinking that maybe I can grind the edge of the nozzle down a little to make the stream wider, but it is the only solution I can come up with beyond re-digging the lines.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 29th 2016, 6:02pm

Center strip sprays that do a 5-foot width are no longer manufactured. The only side-strip spray that can cover a 5 x 30 area is made by Hunter, and it needs to be on a 6-inch popup to be effective, and you need good (no fudging on this) water pressure.

A good approach for covering too-wide strips is to use a pair of side-strip nozzles facing each other. Doing the job that way keeps the components common and easily replaced.

Rate this thread