You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wildgen

Starting Member

Tuesday, June 7th 2016, 4:41pm

leaking new orbitz sprinkler head

I have been replacing my old orbitz sprinkler heads and have one that will leak after that zone is finished. I replaced it twice but it still leaks. It leaks from the top of the sprinkler after it retracts. When running there is no leak and the spray is fine. After the zone finishes it seems like that line is clearing by the water in that line running downhill to this last sprinkler on this line. It is located at the bottom of a slight incline from the rest of the line. The water puddles up around this head. None of the other heads have this problem.. Is there a way or a different sprinkler that will fix this problem.
Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 7th 2016, 4:50pm

There are sprinkler heads made just for your application. The check valves in them hold back over ten feet (in elevation) of water.

mrfixit

Wednesday, June 8th 2016, 12:14am

Yep the SAM's are great sprinklers. Just keep in mind that if you install a Sam on the last sprinkler then the line will drain at the next lowest head. So buy accordingly. You might want more than one. Might not. =)

Rate this thread