You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dlfox

Starting Member

Thursday, May 26th 2016, 9:48am

Backflow preventer for a free flowing well

All, I am very new to the lawn irrigation scene but here is my scenario: I have a free flowing deep well with a lot of water pressure. When the sprinkler pump is not running there is still enough pressure to make the last zone running to continually release water. I would like to find out if I can install a backflow device on the incoming side of the pump to shut off the water flow when the system shuts off? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 26th 2016, 7:29pm

It sounds like you simply have valve that has debris in it. You may need to take apart the valve in question and inspect the parts. Clean and flush out any debris. You may even have to replace parts. There can be debris or sand getting into the system from the well and pump.

Sometimes sand separators or scrubbing or self cleaning valves can be helpful. This could be just an isolated incident of debris in the valve.

Or a much simpler case of a loose thumb screw on the valve.
Or a loose solenoid.

I Guess what I am suggesting is before you spend money that may not solve your issue, do the trouble shooting of a simple leaking valve first.

Thanks

Good Luck
:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:
LI0006121, BPAT0011021, CI0009500

Rate this thread